SCOPE OF WORK
The focus of the project will be to create a new website following the best trends in design and information architecture while taking advantage of new Squarespace features not available when your first website was created. We would also like to include some custom design elements painted by Zoe or Ariane to illustrated the services listed on the home page. We'll build the online store on Squarespace and when everything is done Joel will site down with Ariane for a lesson on backend maintenance and updates.
When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong."
– Buckminster Fuller
70% due upfront
Additional costs to keep in mind:
- Squarespace website/store (with no Squarespace transaction fees) $312 USD / year.
Use coupon code GIMME10 for a 10% discount.
- Squarespace stores are connected through Stripe for payment processing. Stripe charges 2.9% of sales + 30¢ CAD on each transaction. It sucks but it's standard for any credit card processor.
- Extra creative content for the website stage can grow the budget.
- Any custom coding demanding a programmer or any plugins will be billed separately.
- We can also develop as custom photoshop mockup tool for generating images of framed and matted prints for your store images. Ty sells this product on Creative Market for $8USD. We can also develop a custom version with your preferred frame type.
Would you be interested to have Zoe's portrait illustrated to add some extra charm and personality to the website? It could be a great way to bring more attention to Zoe as the talent behind the work. You could do this illustration on your end. Also Montreal's Amanda Mocci does gorgeous work and she specializes in portraits. We see this kind of thing in Magazines where there's a trend to feature personalities with an illustration instead of a photograph. Amanda has done this for Wallpaper and Fast Company among others.
HOW WE WORK
We perform according to the following principles.
Integrity. Autonomy. Humility.
Integrity is an ideal we strive for as individual team members and as a business. It can be expensive, it can mean wearing your mistakes, and sometimes it means saying no. For a client, it means we work with transparency and with your best interests in mind. If we make you successful, our success will follow.
Autonomous workers don’t need to be hand-held and micromanaged. Each player is a manager-of-one who can set the tone, assign items and determine what needs to get done. This is how we offer big services with a small team, and it’s crucial when working remotely and across time zones. As a client, this means you don’t have to use your in-house manpower to manage us.
Humility means we’re honest about our capabilities and where individual’s strengths and weaknesses lie. If you want to hear a lot of big-talking "we can do anything" attitudes, you came to the wrong shop. We don’t have all the answers but we do know how to find them.